Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Gigs turns N I N E


Today, my Nicholas Jones Nielson turns N I N E!
Happy birthday to my sweet little man.
Here are N I N E of my favorite photos of Nicholas "Gigs" Nielson:
I love you, my sweetheart son!

"Nicholas's big brown eyes got heavy, and he snuggled in a little closer. 
 I watched in awe as his eyelids fluttered, then shut so peacefully.  
He lay beside me, breathing deep, relaxed breaths. 
 I looked at every detail of his face and his long brown lashes
 resting against his round cheeks.  
His chubby hands nestled their way under his cheeks.  
Even his white-blond hair seemed to be peacefully resting on his smooth, soft forehead.  
His perfect beauty struck me, and I was filled with love for this little boy,
 and gratitude that he would let me lie down near him. 
 I had almost missed these precious moments with my children..."

(excerpt taken from my memoir Heaven is Here describing my thoughts
about connecting with Nicholas again after the accident.  Pg. 265)






Bookmark and Share